Well done the fixture list: Wednesday night’s Carabao Cup tie between Liverpool and Chelsea proved to be a fine appetiser for this weekend, when the sides head to Stamford Bridge to do it all again.
Here’s the Stat Digest:
• Virgil van Dijk is Jurgen Klopp’s only major concern, as he hopes to recover from a chest infection to start.
• Gary Cahill is expected to start after Antonio Rudiger limped out of Chelsea’s draw with West Ham last weekend and is unlikely to recover in time.
• Maurizio Sarri will probably also be without Pedro, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Andreas Christensen.
• Liverpool remain the only side in the Premier League with a 100% record.
• Klopp’s team have also only conceded 2 goals in their 6 matches, giving them the best defensive record in the division.
• Both sides have scored 14 times in those 6 games, averaging over 2 goals every 90 minutes.
• Eden Hazard is Sarri’s leading scorer, returning five from just four starts (and two substitute appearances).
• Hazard is also Chelsea’s most fouled player, drawing 2.5 free-kicks per game.
• Olivier Giroud has provided more assists than any other Chelsea player (3).
• Sadio Mane has scored 4 times in 6 games, making him Liverpool’s top-scorer.
• Andrew Robertson, James Milner, and Roberto Firmino have each provided two assists, no other Liverpool player has more than one.
• Liverpool have enjoyed an average of 55.4% possession across their six games, with a passing accuracy of 85.7%.
• Chelsea are statistically superior in that department, enjoying 64.2% possession and completing at an average of 90.9%.
• Chelsea have score at least two goals in their last three home games, while each of Liverpool’s last three (home and away) have produced more than three.
• Chelsea have won three of the last six meetings between these two sides, drawing two.
• Chelsea are one of only three sides left in the division who have so far not scored a goal from a set-piece.
• Liverpool, by contrast, have scored five of their 14 goals from dead-ball situations.
• Chelsea have scored three penalties so far in 2018-19, a tally on Brighton can match.
• Just 1% of Chelsea’s total shots this season have come from inside the six-yard box, a Premier League low.
Odds are provided at time of writing, please check your betslip to confirm they have not changed before betting.
The post Stats Digest: Chelsea v Liverpool appeared first on BetBright Blog.